TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL AGREEMENT
Terms and Conditions of Rental:
1. A booking is made when a prospective tenant (“Tenant”) contacts the Owner of the holiday house or the Owner or Manager of Sounds Great Holiday Homes (“Manager”), and the parties agree that the Tenant will rent the holiday house for the rental price and the Tenant pays a deposit. confirmation of a booking will be provided to the Tenant once the deposit has been received.
2. All guests stay at Sounds Great Holiday Homes at their own risk.
3. No pets are allowed at any Sounds Great Holiday Home.
4. No tents may be erected or caravans used unless permission has been given by Sounds Great Holiday Homes.
5. No property may be occupied by more than the number of guests specified upon confirmation of the booking.
6. No smoking is allowed at any Sounds Great Holiday Home, unless stated otherwise.
7. The holiday homes will be available for occupation from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival, and must be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure. Additional charges may be made for late departure at a daily rate.
8. Sounds Great Holiday Homes must be provided with 48 hours’ notice of the requested arrival time of the Tenant so that arrangements may be made in respect of the keys for the property.
9. No property is to be used for parties, weddings etc without prior permission of the owner or agent. Any failure to meet the above conditions will result in the tenancy being cancelled and the Tenant will be required to vacate the home immediately.
10. If the Tenant wishes to leave earlier than booked please note that they should not expect a refund.
11. The Manager may enter the property at any time to inspect the property provided they give not less than 3 hours’ notice. Such notice shall be provided by phone and in writing.
12. Because these properties are privately owned and un-serviced, Sounds Great Holiday Homes cannot accept any responsibility for the condition of any property after the owners or any tenants have vacated.
13. All information detailed here, including that which is supplied by the holiday homeowners, is believed to be correct at the time of posting. However, all details contained in the publication are subject to change without prior notice.
14. The Tenant and Sounds Great Holiday Homes agree that any term of occupancy shall not exceed 120 days, and that this Agreement is not subject to the Residential Tenancies Act.
15. At the time of booking Sounds Great Holiday Homes may set out terms and conditions in addition to this agreement (“additional terms”). The Tenant agrees to comply with the additional terms, as if they were set out in this Agreement.
16. A deposit of 50% of the total cost of accommodation is required to secure your booking. Confirmation of your booking will only be upon receipt of payment of this deposit. This will be deducted from your invoice and the remaining balance is payable 21 days prior to your stay. Should the booking be within 21 days of the intended arrival date then payment in full is required. You will initially receive a no obligation draft invoice by email. When Sounds Great Holiday Homes see your deposit, we will then send an invoice to confirm your booking. Each booking is subject to a $40 non-refundable service fee and any cancellation fee depending on the notice of cancellation prior to the booking period. You may pay your deposit by direct deposit, cheque, Visa or Mastercard:
17. Deposit payment is required within seven days of confirmation of a reservation request. Sounds Great Holiday Homes reserve the right to rebook a home should this not be paid on time.
18. Credit Card details are required to confirm a booking, and are required as a bond during and after each stay. The Credit Card details will be removed from the Sounds Great Holiday Homes’ records after the Tenant’s departure and the house check has been completed. If Sounds Great Holiday Homes have not received your payment 21 days before your holiday commences your credit card will be debited the full invoiced amount and there will be a 5% bank fee. You are also able to nominate payment by Credit Card but please note that there will be an additional 5% fee. If you would like to pay by Credit Card please contact us prior to payment. If you have made a deposit/Bond payment Sounds Great Holiday Homes will refund it either at the end of your stay or within your invoice. For special payment conditions such as overseas visitors, please apply directly to Sounds Great Holiday Homes.
Hazards & Liability:
19. Where additional amenities such as swimming pools, moorings, dinghies, BBQ's etc are shown in the brochure as being available, the use of any such additional amenities is entirely at the risk of the tenant.
20. Sounds Great Holiday Homes accepts no responsibility for any alterations to the holiday home descriptions or occurrences beyond its control, i.e. damage caused by exceptional weather conditions, breakdown of appliances, wiring or plumbing, invasion of pests or negligence on the part of the owner causing loss, accident or injury.
21. Sounds Great Holiday Homes accepts no responsibility to any change in any holiday home and its facilities as stated in the publication which will be available to the Tenant.
22. Should the Tenant become aware of any hazards or potential hazards at the property then they must notify Sounds Great Holiday Homes and the property owner as soon as possible. The Tenant must take all reasonable measures to avoid the hazard. Sounds Great Holiday Homes accepts no responsibility for any hazards at the property, however will endeavor to ensure that once they are made aware of any hazards or potential hazards, these are remedied to a reasonable standard as soon as reasonably possible.
23. Should events arise beyond the control of Sounds Great Holiday Homes and or the Owners and render the holiday homes uninhabitable (i.e. flood, fire etc.) then Sounds Great Holiday Homes may be forced to cancel the holiday booking. However, should such circumstances arise, Sounds Great Holiday Homes will endeavor to relocate the Tenant to a holiday home of similar standard in the same area. Where this is not possible, Sounds Great Holiday Homes will refund in full all moneys paid in respect of the booking. The Tenant will have no further claims against the owner of the holiday home or Sounds Great Holiday Homes.
24. The parties’ liability in respect of this agreement will be limited to the value of the rental and other associated charges agreed at the time of booking. In no circumstances will Sounds Great Holiday Homes be liable for consequential damage of any nature, however arising.
25. The Tenant undertakes on behalf of himself/herself, and all of their guests staying in the holiday home, that they will not do, permit to be done, or omit to do, any action that does or may invalidate or adversely affect any insurance policy held by the Owner or Sounds Great Holiday
Homes in respect of the holiday home or its contents. The Tenant will indemnify the owner against any losses or damages suffered by the Owner or Sounds Great Holiday Homes as a result of the Tenant’s breach of their obligations.
26. The Tenant is legally responsible for all breakages, destruction and damage that may occur during the holiday, and any direct or indirect costs arising from this.
27. Please note that Sounds Great Holiday Homes require a deposit and bond to confirm the booking and this is not refunded if the house is left in an unfit condition or loss or damages have occurred.
28. Sounds Great Holiday Homes accepts no responsibility for any loss, or damage, to any of the Tenant’s personal belongings at the holiday home.
29. Tenants are responsible for the holiday home during their stay and are expected to take all reasonable care of the holiday home, and at the end of the holiday to leave it clean and tidy. This includes cleaning all utensils and equipment, returning furniture and appliances to where they were on
the guest's arrival and disposing of all rubbish.
30. Sounds Great Holiday Homes will deduct reasonable charges for cleaning and tidying of homes from the bond if houses are not left in a satisfactory or tidy condition.
31. If the Tenant is not satisfied with the holiday house, they must immediately contact Sounds Great Holiday Homes. If a complaint is not addressed during the term, the Tenant must make their complaint within 14 days after the end of their term.
32. Sounds Great Holiday Homes have the right to terminate bookings at any time up to the booking date without liability. However, Sounds Great Holiday Homes will do their best to advise the tenant of such a situation as soon as possible and will endeavor to offer an alternate property.
33. Sounds Great Holiday Homes may cancel a booking by notice in writing if the tenant fails to make any payment due under this Agreement.
34. If the tenant wishes to cancel the booking for any reason 21 days or more prior to the arrival date the tenant will receive a full refund of the deposit made, less the $40 non-refundable administration fee. We will only give a full refund if we see fit.
35. If the tenant wishes to cancel within 21 days of the arrival date, the deposit will not be refunded and the tenant will be liable for payment of the full period of time originally booked unless the same holiday home is able to be re-let for the same period.
36. As Sounds Great Holiday Homes acts as an agent for the home's owners
GST is not payable on rent. GST is included in the Booking Fee and any
additional services purchased such as linen hire and cleaning.
37. Sounds Great Holiday Homes is strongly committed to protecting your privacy online and holds secure the information you share with us. Sounds Great Holiday Homes does not exchange data collected from response forms on this website with any third party. You may contact us at any time to determine what, if any, personal information Sounds Great Holiday Homes holds.