SOUNDS GREAT HOLIDAY HOMES LIMITED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL AGREEMENT
Sounds Great Holiday Homes is a New Zealand owned company trading within The Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand. We have been trading since 1990 and are currently registered in New Zealand as Sounds Great Ltd.
We rent privately owned holiday homes to guests.
Terms and Conditions of Rental:
1. A booking is made when a prospective tenant (“Tenant”) contacts the Owner of the holiday house or the Owner or Manager of Sounds Great Holiday Homes Limited (“the Manager”), and the parties agree that the Tenant will rent the holiday house for the rental price and the Tenant pays a deposit. Confirmation of a booking will be provided to the Tenant once the deposit has been received.
2. All guests stay at Sounds Great Holiday Homes at their own risk.
3. No pets are allowed at any property managed by the Manager unless prior written consent is given by the Manager. In the event that pets are approved in writing by the Manager, a minimum surcharge of $20.00 per pet per night is payable.
4. No tents may be erected or caravans used unless permission has been given by Sounds Great Holiday Homes.
5. No property may be occupied by more than the number of guests specified in the listing agreement upon confirmation of the booking.
6. No smoking is allowed at any Sounds Great Holiday Home, unless stated otherwise.
7. The holiday Manager will attempt to ensure that the homes are available for occupation from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival. The Manager cannot guarantee this due to circumstances outside of their control such as weather, road closures, etc. In the event that the property will not be ready for check-in at 3.00 pm, the Manager will use their best endeavours to contact the Tenant to inform them of this delay.
8. Properties must be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure. Late check- out will incur an additional fee of $50.00 per hour, which will be automatically charged to the Tenant’s credit card.
9. Sounds Great Holiday Homes must be provided with 48 hours’ notice of the requested arrival time of the Tenant so that arrangements may be made in respect of the keys for the property.
10. No property is to be used for parties, weddings etc without prior permission of the owner or agent. Any failure to meet the above conditions will result in the tenancy being cancelled and the Tenant will be required to vacate the home immediately, with all rental fees which would have been payable if the booking had been completed, remaining payable, in addition to any other applicable surcharges. Should the property be left in an exceptionally untidy condition, a surcharge of $50.00 per hour will be charged to the Tenant’s credit card for additional cleaning required.
11. If the Tenant wishes to leave earlier than booked please note that they should not expect a refund.
12. The Manager may enter the property at any time to inspect the property provided they give not less than 3 hours’ notice. Such notice shall be provided by phone, and in writing/text message.
13. Because these properties are privately owned and un-serviced, the Manager does not accept any responsibility for the condition of any property after the owners or any tenants have vacated.
14. All information detailed here, including that which is supplied by the holiday homeowners, is believed to be correct at the time of posting. The Manager accepts no liability for information that may be incorrect. All details contained in the publication are subject to change without prior notice.
15. The Tenant and the Manager agree that any term of occupancy shall not exceed 120 days, and that this Agreement is not subject to the Residential Tenancies Act 1986.
16. At the time of booking the Manager may set out terms and conditions in addition to this agreement (“additional terms”). The Tenant agrees to comply with the additional terms, as if they were set out in this Agreement.
17. Prices are subject to change in the event that the Council or Government impose additional tariffs. Prices will only be altered upwards to take into account the additional tariff. In the event of a price change, the Tenant is entitled to cancel the booking in accordance with the terms and conditions herein.
18. A deposit of 50% of the total cost of accommodation is required to secure your booking. Confirmation of your booking will only be upon receipt of payment of this deposit. This will be deducted from your invoice and the remaining balance is payable 21 days prior to your stay. Should the booking be within 21 days of the intended arrival date then full payment is required upon booking.
Each booking is subject to a $40 non-refundable service fee and any cancellation fee depending on the notice of cancellation prior to the booking period.
19. You may pay your deposit by direct deposit, cheque, Visa or Mastercard or through our online booking system. The deposit payment is required within seven days of confirmation of a reservation request. Sounds Great Holiday Homes reserve the right to rebook a home should this not be paid on time.
If Sounds Great Holiday Homes have not received your payment 21 days before your holiday commences your credit card will be debited the full invoiced amount plus a credit card fee of 3% of the amount charged, and there will be a 3% bank fee.
You are also able to nominate payment by Credit Card but please note that there will be an additional 3% fee. If you would like to pay by Credit Card please contact us prior to payment.
If you have made a deposit/bond payment Sounds Great Holiday Homes will refund it either at the end of your stay or within your invoice, less any charges/surcharges which are payable pursuant to this agreement.
For special payment conditions such as overseas visitors, please apply directly to Sounds Great Holiday Homes.
By placing your booking, you consent to the Manager charging your credit card for any damage, theft, additional cleaning fees, late check-out, insurance excess arising from damage caused by you or any other charge or surcharge payable pursuant to this agreement. The Manager will contact you to inform you that your card is being charged.
Sounds Great Holiday Homes uses Payment Express to manage our credit card payments. We do not have access to your credit details however, can charge your credit card through the payment express system. This will only happen in the event of the property being left unclean, damaged or theft. We will always attempt to contact you prior to these charges.
Please do not send your credit details to us by email for security reasons. You can ring us, or email and we can ring you back.
All transactions will be processed in New Zealand dollars.
We only accept Visa or Mastercard.
Additional Amenities and Other Items for Hire:
21. Should you elect to rent a dinghy with two adult life jackets and oars, or a portacot or highchair, an additional fee will be payable. All items are used at the Tenant’s sole risk.
22. Where additional amenities such as swimming pools, moorings, dinghies, BBQ's etc are shown in the brochure as being available, the use of any such additional amenities is entirely at the risk of the tenant.
23. Additional charges may apply for additional amenities referred to in clause 21, and bookings may be required.
Hazards & Liability:
24. The Manager accepts no responsibility for any alterations to the holiday home descriptions or occurrences beyond its control, i.e. damage caused by exceptional weather conditions, breakdown of appliances, wiring or plumbing, invasion of pests or negligence on the part of the owner causing loss, accident or injury.
25. The Manager accepts no responsibility to any change in any holiday home and its facilities as stated in the publication which will be available to the Tenant.
26. Should the Tenant become aware of any hazards or potential hazards at the property then they must notify Sounds Great Holiday Homes and the property owner as soon as possible. The Tenant must take all reasonable measures to avoid the hazard. Sounds Great Holiday Homes accepts no responsibility for any hazards at the property, however will endeavour to ensure that once they are made aware of any hazards or potential hazards, these are remedied to a reasonable standard as soon as reasonably possible.
27. Should events arise beyond the control of the Manager and/or the Owners which renders the holiday home uninhabitable (i.e. flood, fire etc.) then Sounds Great Holiday Homes may be forced to cancel the holiday booking. However, should such circumstances arise, Sounds Great Holiday Homes will endeavour to relocate the Tenant to a holiday home of similar standard in the same area. Where this is not possible, Sounds Great Holiday Homes will refund in full all moneys paid in respect of the booking. The Tenant will have no further claims against the owner of the holiday home or Sounds Great Holiday Homes.
28. The Manager’s liability in respect of this agreement will be limited to the value of the rental and other associated charges agreed at the time of booking. In no circumstances will Sounds Great Holiday Homes be liable for consequential damage of any nature, however arising.
29. The Tenant undertakes on behalf of himself/herself, and all of their guests staying in the holiday home, that they will not do, permit to be done, or omit to do, any action that does or may invalidate or adversely affect any insurance policy held by the Owner or Sounds Great Holiday Homes in respect of the holiday home or its contents. The Tenant will indemnify the owner against any losses or damages suffered by the Owner or Sounds Great Holiday Homes as a result of the Tenant’s breach of their obligations.
30. If your requested room configuration differs to what is advertised, it is your responsibility to inform us of your requirements immediately. We make no guarantee that we will be able to alter the bedding situation to your requirements.
31. If you arrange for any third parties to provide catering or other services to the property, they must adhere to the Terms and Conditions herein. In the event that they do not, your credit card will be charged directly for any additional cost incurred in accordance with Clause 20.
32. Whilst we endeavour to ensure there is no wildlife in the buildings, we will not provide any compensation for the presence of wildlife or rodents. If rodents are present in the property, you must inform us immediately.
33. The Tenant is legally responsible for all breakages, destruction and damage that may occur during the holiday, and any direct or indirect costs arising from this.
34. Please note that Sounds Great Holiday Homes require a deposit and bond to confirm the booking and all amounts authorised to be deducted from the bond, or charged to the credit card if the bond is insufficient, will be deducted from the bond.
35. In the event of damage, the Manager may charge your credit card for the value of the insurance excess payable by the Owner, or if the damage is less than the cost of the excess, will charge the actual and reasonable costs of remediating the damage in accordance with clause 20 herein.
36. The Manager accepts no responsibility for any loss, or damage, to any of the Tenant’s personal belongings at the holiday home.
37. Tenants are responsible for the holiday home during their stay and are expected to take all reasonable care of the holiday home, and at the end of the holiday to leave it clean and tidy. This includes cleaning all utensils and equipment, returning furniture and appliances to where they were on the guest's arrival and disposing of all rubbish.
38. The Manager will deduct reasonable charges for cleaning and tidying of homes from the bond if the property is not left in a satisfactory or tidy condition.
39. If the Tenant is not satisfied with the holiday house, they must immediately contact Sounds Great Holiday Homes. If a complaint is not addressed during the term, the Tenant must make their complaint within 14 days after the end of their term.
40. If the Tenant believes methamphetamine may have been consumed/cooked in the Property, they must contact the Manager immediately.
41. Sounds Great Holiday Homes have the right to terminate bookings at any time up to the booking date without liability. However, Sounds Great Holiday Homes will do their best to advise the tenant of such a situation as soon as possible and will endeavour to offer an alternate property.
42. Sounds Great Holiday Homes may cancel a booking by notice in writing if the tenant fails to make any payment due under this Agreement.
43. If the tenant wishes to cancel the booking for any reason 21 days or more prior to the arrival date the tenant will receive a full refund of the deposit made, less the $40 non-refundable administration fee. We will only give a full refund if we see fit.
44. If the tenant wishes to cancel within 21 days of the arrival date, the deposit will not be refunded and the tenant will be liable for payment of the full period of time originally booked unless the same holiday home is able to be re-let for the same period.
45. As Sounds Great Holiday Homes acts as an agent for the home's owners GST is not payable on rent. GST is included in the Booking Fee and any additional services purchased such as linen hire and cleaning.
46. Sounds Great Holiday Homes is strongly committed to protecting your privacy online and holds secure the information you share with us. With the exception of your credit card details entered through our website which are then held by Ibex Seekom and Payment Express, Sounds Great Holiday Homes does not exchange data collected from response forms on this website with any third party. You may contact us at any time to determine what, if any, personal information Sounds Great Holiday Homes holds.
You can opt-out of the creation of a user profile, storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following the opt-out link https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out
50. The terms herein are governed by New Zealand law.
51. If any point of the Terms and Conditions contained herein is considered to be contrary to New Zealand law, the rest of the Terms and Conditions will still apply.